Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2012

The Week Before Last

...I was busy with things to buy, things to rush, things to eat and drink, and things to read.

Dust mite-busting
After uncovering the main source of my stuffy nose problems, I've been taking small steps to address it...


From left: Demitze anti-dust mite spray, and LactoGG probiotics supplement


...And a Pen-SOH-nik vacuum cleaner, because a man needs at least one power tool in the house. Next on the list: anti-dust mite pillow and mattress protectors.


Book project wrap-up
At work, a book project to wrap up before the tentative date launch date of 10 April this year:


Coming soon to all good bookstores


Since last July, I've been editing this in-between other things at the office. This was a big one in terms of number of pages and images, all in colour.

Now, all we're waiting for is the Cataloguing in Publication data from the National Library. But the other pages are ready for printing.

For now, that's all I'm going to say. More will be revealed once I get my hands on a real copy.


Farewell, Coffee In Love Café
For those who still haven't caught on: the Coffee In Love Café at Easter Nursery, Sri Hartamas has closed, in preparation for a move to Publika, Solaris Dutamas. The café's concept will also change; I heard they're merging coffee with... tattoos.

However, I managed one last weekend visit before that, and how appropriate that Helen the owner was the barista on that day.


Helen in the house at Coffee In Love Café


Kind of sad to see the place go. Hopefully, the coffee, if served at the new place, will still be the same.


Reviews and more books
So a few of my submitted reviews were considered past their sell by date and won't make the papers. I felt less disappointed than I'd thought, probably because I was more concerned with keeping this blog fresh. And I'd read several books during Chinese New Year and finished a review on one of them. I'll be spreading these out over five or six weeks, so I guess I go that covered.

And the distributors' rep suggested more titles for review later, on top of the previous reading list:

Pantheon
Sam Bourne
HarperCollins (Feb 2012)
416 pages
Fiction
ISBN: 978-0-007413621

Unholy Night
Seth Grahame-Smith
Grand Central Publishing (Apr 2012)
320 pages
Fiction
ISBN: 978-0-446563099

The Family Corleone
Ed Falco
Grand Central Publishing (May 2012)
448 pages
Fiction
ISBN: 978-0-446574624

Had a nice dinner last week as well. You'll be hearing about it.

Later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Great!