- The so-called "new adult" genre: Take existing young adult genre, add steam. Also happening in the UK. Meanwhile, Macmillan gets steamed up with launch of crowd-sourced romance imprint Sw♥♥n Reads (yes, the two hearts).
- Amazon will not allow you to give your mom's/dad's/spouse's/friend's books five stars anymore.
- Paramount and the Puzo estate ends their legal battle over the Godfather.
- Mayapocalypse? Didn't happen. Printapocalypse? Not happening - yet.
- A copy editor's twelve days of Xmas. What's yours?
- Twelve WTF moments in publishing for the year 2012. On the local front, a bunch of reviewers - including yours truly - and book columnists featured The Star share their memorable 2012 reads.
- Because this is too long to tweet: ♪ O, newspapers are a-closin', their budgets are a-slashin', when the subs are all let go, "Let is snow, let is snow, let is snow"! ♫
Guess that's it for 2012. See you all next year.
Categories: Book Marks